Tuesday, August 11, 2009




















I still think not going somewhere exotic on vacation this year was a good idea. But I miss the artistic excitement and coming home with photos begging to be painted. So I went to Bazaar del Mundo where I haven't been since it moved from the original space in Old Town (I was protesting), and the vividness of the colors there were like an exploding bowl of candy. I realized that for me it's the people who "draw me" to paint them, not just the colors. Business was slow and there were no people! Well, the flower-making lady just wouldn't sit still.

These are paintings (two watercolors and the beach scene is oil) from long ago photos of Guatemala, making me want to change my mind and go somewhere...


1 comment:

Jane LaFazio said...

well, bazaar del mundo is certainly a less expensive trip, than to Guatemala!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...