Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm Back!




Spent three days in Judy Coates Perez' Art Quilt class at Idyllwild School of Arts.  Learned techniques for painting on fabric and more mixed media collage.  Whether I'll ever actually quilt (sew sew sew) anything is still unknown, but the class was great fun and so were the other students.  Here's a group photo of the Lovely Ladies at Idyllwild, sadly missing a couple who must have been hiding under the tables.  The school took photos of us all and hopefully will send them on later.



Here's a fish painted on cotton sheeting swimming in an iphoto bowl.  just imagine you're looking through a face mask in a tropical sea...


...and here's a collage, also on fabric.  Should I stitch around the hands or leave it alone?

While in Idyllwild I stayed with a former classmate, now friend, Liz.  Her home is bustling with birds and squirrels, wonderfully goofy dogs and small visiting grandchildren - a delightful time!

4 comments:

Holle said...

I usually don't ever suggest anyone do any more work, but I didn' notice the hands till I read that. So yes, I dare you.
Very cool momi.
Love you

Mary Rose O'Leary said...

Noël,
Thanks so much for the pictures. Your artwork is beautiful! Love the fishbowl treatment.

What a pleasure to get to know you and the other wonderful gals a bit. An inspiring way to spend a few days of summer.
Best wishes,
Mary Rose

Unknown said...

Hi Noel,

It was such a pleasure painting and getting to know you in Idyllwild. Take care and keep that wonderful creativity flowing!

cronestar said...

I say just leave the hands as they are. I'm having such fun enjoying your blog, which I do about once a week. And for some reason you don't know it. Let me know if
you see this. I've sent several. I've also signed up for a google account several times, but I'll do it again if I must.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...