Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mixed Media from Lavender Sage Art Retreat



I had a great time in Austin, Texas!  The teachers and the women artists were wonderful - a joy to meet and paint with. When the retreat was over I spent two days at Sona and Jerry's lovely home.
Her studio will soon be in Studio Magazine and it is fabulous! However, I'm working on making their back yard equally as famous:  A beautiful old oak tree dripping with bird feeders, a lovely pool overseen by a Pride of Barbados plant, a birdbath frequently used as a throne by Panda, the cat - all worthy of a magazine spread.
  I relaxed and sketched there when we weren't visiting the lush grounds of Laguna Gloria modern art museum or eating delicious grilled chicken with Sona's charming mother, an art collector extraordinaire,  who suggested I visit Blanton Art Museum at Texas U.  There was an exhibition of El Anatsui's work I loved! See it if it comes to your city.

Watch for a sketchpost, a cartoon really, of Sona's yard.  The beauty could not be translated.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...