Thursday, June 18, 2009

MER

A couple of years ago I drew some mer-people for my beautiful grandaughter's birthday game: Pin the Tail on the Mermaid. Recently I fished them up for an art class where I learned to transfer images onto cloth in various ways, and made them into a child's cloth book. The pictures are here somewhere. I'm still learning how to furnish a bloghouse. It seems to read from bottom to top.

I have always been a sea-lover, a gift from my mother (one of many). And I 'fantasy' myself a mystical mermaid of sorts, diving into the waters of the unconscious fishing for pearls of wisdom. Flopping around on land currently with my legs stuck together in a relatively manless existence is another clue. (Remember, I said "relatively").

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...